There are many options available for creating and displaying slideshows online (such as here and here, for example). For this tutorial, I’ve decided to integrate SlideShowPro with Expression Engine to easily build a beautiful photo gallery.
This week’s screencast + tutorial will demonstrate how to perform the following:
- Install Expression Engine
- Setup a weblog and custom fields in Expression Engine
- Create template files
- Create the xml template which utilizes the expression engine weblog entries tag and that syncs to slideshowpro
- Use the slideshowpro flash file
- Enter data in the weblog
- Install a custom file uploader extension
Join Tuts Premium
For those unfamiliar, the family of TUTS sites runs a premium membership service called “Premium”. For $19 per month, you gain access to exclusive premium tutorials, screencasts, and freebies at nettuts+, psdtuts+, and vectortuts+! For the price of a pizza, you’ll learn from some of the best minds in the business. Join today!
- Subscribe to the NETTUTS RSS Feed for more daily web development tuts and articles.