Some say it’s a decade-old piece of junk; others widely consider it to be the best code editor available. I’m on a quest to find out for myself. So, for four weeks (and four screencasts to track my progress), I will use nothing but Vim.
Along the way, if you choose to join me, I’ll share what I’ve learned, what frustrated me, and everything that falls in between. If you’ve been hoping to venture into Vim territory, there’s no better time to do so! Let’s do it together. Gain access to this screencast series, as well as many others by becoming a Premium member.
In this final episode about Vim, we learn about:
- A plethora of new key commands
- How to record macros to save time
- The process of creating bookmarks to always remember where you last were in your project
- How to move lines of code to new locations as quickly as possible
- Decoding the completed vimrc file. (Help make it better by forking it on Github!)
- All of the different mapping commands, and the differences between each
- IDE-like auto-completion